This is a beautiful and simple recipe to cook a quick dinner for your family. The other day, I got a good deal on the orange bell peppers from a local produce store and wanted to toss it in a pasta dish. Last evening, I decided to experiment with the pepper. Do try it and let me what you think!
3 cups of penne rigate or pasta of your choice,
½ cup grated cheese – Parmesan or any cheese of your choice
½ cup low fat milk (1%)
3 large cloves of garlic, coarsely minced
2 orange bell peppers, deseeded & diced to 1” pieces
1 cup green beans, cut to 1” pieces
½ tsp Herbes de Provence/mixed dried herbs
¼ tsp ground pepper
2 tbsp olive oil
Salt as needed
- Bring 9 cups of water to a boil in a stock pot. Then add the pasta to the water and let it cook till al dente (a little firm, but not undercooked) stage. It will take around 15 minutes or as specified on the packet.
- While your pasta is cooking, dice the bell pepper and beans to 1” pieces and coarsely mince the garlic.
- Now heat oil on a nonstick pan and add garlic. Saute it till it turns light brown.
- Then add the diced bell peppers and beans. Sauté for two minutes on medium heat and then sprinkle herbs, salt and black, mix well and cover the pan. Cook the vegetables on low to medium heat. Let the vegetables remain a little firm as they are not as appetizing if overcooked.
- When the vegetables are just right, add the grated cheese and milk and stir well. Turn down the heat to low.
- By now, the pasta will be ready. Drain the pasta in a colander and toss it a bit to drain off the water as much as possible. Transfer the pasta to the pan and mix it well.
- Adjust the salt and pepper and serve with a good wine. Salute.